Patient Access Specialist Program
The Patient Access Specialist Certification Program is a 5-course bundle that provides students with the skills necessary to work in the Patient Access Services field. This instructor-facilitated
online course package fully prepares students to sit for the Certified Healthcare Access Associate certification exam. This 24 contact-hour non-credit course bundle is intended for those who are new to the health care field and wish to work in a front-line registration position in a hospital setting.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize best practices of customer service and the resolution of customer complaints or conflicts
- Understand the history and types of health insurance and managed care contracts available in the United States
- Describe the purpose and guidelines of diagnostic and procedural coding and identify the correct information needed to prepare and transmit accurate, complete health care claims
- Explain the rules for eligibility and claims processing for Medicare, Medicaid plans and the reimbursement process for Tricare, workers’ compensation, disability, and Blue Cross
- Build medical terminology related to body structures, functions and disorders
- Identify government and regulatory agency requirements applicable to the Patient Access Specialist position
- Explain the NAHAM (National Association of Healthcare Access Management) model and how it applies to the CHAA exam
This 123 contact-hour non-credit course bundle is most appropriate if you are new to the health care field and wish to work in a front-line registration position in a hospital setting.