Course AvailabilityOnline: $99
Online classes are available for 90 days, from the time of purchase.
The ICD-9 code sets will be replaced by ICD-10 code sets on October 1, 2015.Learn More.
ICD-10-CM Online Training Modules
On October 1, 2015, the ICD-9 code sets used to report medical diagnoses and inpatient procedures will be replaced by ICD-10 code sets. This is a mandatory transition as stated by the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
In this easy-to-use online course, leading coding educator Carol J. Buck provides an introduction to ICD-10-CM coding and helps you translate your knowledge of ICD-9-CM coding to the new code set.
Expert insight, engaging learning modules and interactive exercises prepare you for the transition to ICD-10-CM. You’ll receive a printable Certificate of Completion that enables you to prove your ICD-10-CM proficiency to employers. Plus, you can earn up to 4 continuing education units (CEUs) from the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC)* or up to 5 CEUs from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)**.
It’s easy to sign up and get started! Just click the “Register Now” button to begin.
Questions? Call us today! 1-855-427-6744
New to This Edition
All ICD-10-CM codes and guidelines have been updated to the latest 2012 ICD-10-CM code set so you or your students can practice with the most current information available.
- Students can earn 4 continuing education units (CEUs) from the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) or 5 CEUs from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) upon successful completion (70% or higher on the final exam).
- General Equivalency Mapping (GEMs) files challenge students to locate ICD-10-CM codes and offer practice and preparation for the transition to ICD-10-CM coding.
- Interactive learning exercises with immediate feedback reinforce understanding and promote retention of key concepts.
- Critical thinking questions encourage students to analyze and synthesize information for more accurate coding.
- Assessment exams in every module allow students to measure their progress and prepare for the final exam.
- Flexible, online format is adaptable to your students’ schedules and individual learning styles.
- Certificate of Completion enables students to document course completion and prove their ICD-10-CM readiness to potential employers.
- Web links provide one-click access to additional resources.
|* This program meets AAPC guidelines for 4.0 Core A CEUs with successful completion of post test for continuing education units. This program has the prior approval of AAPC for continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.|
|** This program has been approved for 5.0 continuing education unit(s) for use in fulfiling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)|